Our church is 106 years old and is dedicated to Making God's Love Real within our own congregation and in the community we serve.
When you visit our church, you will find:
We look forward to welcoming you. Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors!
Sermon: “New Beginnings: Do You Want To Be Made Whole?”
Scripture: John 5: 1-15
Theme for Lent: “The Blessing of New Beginnings”
For the next five weeks of our Lenten Study, we will study the lives of five individuals who had a new beginning after their encounter with Jesus.
1) The Samaritan Woman (John 4:1-42), who was living without hope.
2) The man at the pool (John 5:1-16), who was living with excuses.
3) Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10), who was living a life of dishonesty.
4) The woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5: 25-35), who was living with a serious illness.
5) Saul/Paul (Acts 9:1-22), who was living a life of hatred.
Each of these individuals had a new beginning after their personal encounter with Jesus. We can also have a “new beginning” with the renewal of our hearts and minds.
Safe Sanctuaries Training
First UMC, 1526 E Wooster Street, Bowling Green